4.04.2007

That doesn't sound very appetizing...

Folks in North Carolina sometimes like to make fun of our neighbors to the south. Now my mom and my whole family are from South Carolina, and Greenville is one of my three favorite cities in America, so I'm not one of those folks.

Nonetheless it was hard not to laugh today as I drove through Gaffney, best known for its enormous peach. I went by a truck stop with an electric sign. Unfortunately the sign appeared to have gotten its messages mixed up. The special there today was a 'Propane Meatball Marinara Sandwich' for $6.99

As tempting as that concoction of flavors sounded, I waited to eat until I got to grandmother's house.

In other news, great story about Hillsborough and other small towns becoming Cool Cities in today's News of Orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment