5.02.2007

Regional Differences

So yesterday when I arrived at East Millbrook Magnet Middle School to give my talk about Cool Cities, the secretary told me that the class I was visiting was out in the 'trailers.'

Now where I come from in Michigan, those are called portables. We wouldn't call anything that we send children to class in a 'trailer.'

And this was one nice 'trailer' too, clearly the designs for these have evolved well over the years. Of course Wake County has so many of them as its population explodes that you would expect them to be on the cutting edge of purchasing nice ones.

It's always said that southern folks cut to the point a lot quicker than us northerners. I guess the trailers v. portables difference is just one example of that.

Anyway, it was a good time and I am incredibly impressed with these young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment