8.06.2007

Boston, legislators and climate change

Here I am in Boston, for the National Conference of State Legislators (NCSL). Something like 7000 people are expected to attend, held this year in the new Boston convention center on the waterfront.

I told Tom that I would make my debut live blogging from this event, so here is my first post.

I came to Boston to get a better sense of where states are on action on climate change. This issue is dominating the conference--lots of speakers, workshops etc. The first session this morning is packed, standing room only.

I may be in Boston, but it feels a little bit like home. The first person I ran into was Speaker Joe Hackney, who in addition to his leadership role in the NC House, is the incoming president of NCSL. And this morning, on the way to this workshop, I ran into Gov. Jim Hunt, who is presenting at a big education session later this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment