9.24.2007

Guest Post from Rep. Grier Martin



Guest Post by Rep. Grier Martin:

In my job as a state legislator, I’m proud of the work I’ve done for our environment. I’m also proud of what I’ve been able to do to improve our education system.

Recently, I participated in a ribbon cutting of an important project that combines these two crucial issues. On September 13, Wake Tech opened its Northern Wake Campus on Louisburg Road. This campus will allow Wake Tech to meet the exploding demand for the great education the College provides. But the campus is also significant because of the environmental leadership it represents. Every building on the campus is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified. The college believes that it is the first campus in the entire nation to be able to make this claim, a fantastic achievement.

As a citizen who cares about the air my family breathes and the water they drink, I am excited about this environmental accomplishment. As a legislator responsible for safeguarding our taxpayers’ money, I am pleased about the energy cost savings that will result from the efficient campus, truly a win for both education and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment