4.24.2007

Random Observations

Back in the office after 5 days in Meeeechigan (if you know who that phrase originates from leave a comment on the blog and I'll give you a prize.)

So one thing I noticed while home was that the Huron Valley Chapter of the Sierra Club has adopted part of a highway in Washtenaw County. Cool service idea for chapters interested in doing more in that direction.

There are few things I love more than night baseball, but as I flew into Philadelphia last night to get my connecting flight to Raleigh I couldn't believe the number of lit up baseball stadiums I saw where there were no games going on! These must have been high school, college, recreational league stadiums. I saw something like 20 with the lights blaring out even though they weren't being used. That's a waste of energy- and also of taxpayer dollars!

While I was gone it seems things chugged along well on the OLF, and there were some great Earth Day festivities across the state. What did I miss?

3 comments:

  1. You're right but Michigan haters get no prize from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?! You can't change the rules like that!

    Fine. I'm going to go litter, use some aerosol spray paint, and buy an SUV.

    ReplyDelete