5.25.2007

Flat Rock Cool Cities event



Bill and Donna Fisk presented Mayor Ray Shaw Jr.with a 'Cool Cities' plaque.

Today I ventured to Flat Rock to honor it for becoming a Cool City.

When I got there Mayor Ray Shaw Jr. was very apologetic. He explained to me that his community could not do all the items suggested in the US Mayors Climate Protection Agreement.

I told him that they were just a list of suggestions and they should do what they could, but asked if he would like to elaborate.

He said, 'well, we can't get more fuel efficient cars, because we don't own any cars!'

My response to that was that the most fuel efficient fleet was to have no fleet!

He was a very charming man and I am much appreciative for his leadership.

Many thanks to Bill and Donna Fisk for coming out to the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment